Staff Council honors ‘outstanding’ staff members
Staff Council thanked Georgia College staff members during its daylong appreciation event Wednesday.
The council honored this year’s “outstanding” staff members, which included a new award, The Hemphill-Sallstrom Faculty-Staff Honors Award.
Established by friends and colleagues to honor Dr. Ralph W. Hemphill and Dr. John E. Sallstrom, the award recognizes retired faculty and staff who have contributed outstanding service to Georgia College.
Congratulations to the 2012 Staff Excellence Award winners:
- Bobcat Spirit: Craig Henry, Manager of Technology Support Services, Technology Support Services;
- Bang for Your Buck: Susan Daniels, Grounds Superintendent, Plant Operations;
- Customer Service: Jon Meyer, Business Manager, Campus Life;
- Public Service Award: Julie Cook, Baldwin High School Coordinator, YES Program;
- Outstanding Service: Karen Higgs, Academic Advisor, Center for Student Success;
- Outstanding Service: Susan Allen, Chief Budget Officer, Budget Office;
- Outstanding Service: Mark Bowen, Project Manager, Plant Operations;
- Outstanding Service: Donna Johnson, Senior Secretary, Registrar’s Office; and
- Outstanding Service: Joe Windish, Lead Technical Specialist for Instructional Support, Library and Instructional Technology Center.
Hemphill-Sallstrom Faculty-Staff Honors Award winners:
- Staff Recipient: Cecile Parker, who served as administrative assistant from 1986 to 2003, serving the majority of her years at Georgia College during President Edwin Speir’s tenure; and
- Faculty Recipient: Dr. Doris Moody, who served for 38 years as instructor of biology, teaching microbiology to pre-nursing students.